We have a vegan version of the dish “Palak Paneer” and instead of using traditional Indian cheese, it uses tofu. Great version to stay healthy. Try it!
There are many ways of changing some traditional dishes for staying fit or having a healthy lifestyle as vegans. In today’s recipe, we bring you a change in traditional “Palak Paneer” that uses tofu instead of cheese. Perfect for fit people and vegans, without losing the traditional Indian flavor.
Vegan Palak Tofu Paneer
- 12 oz firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (or any other neutral plant-based oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry poder
- 1 teaspoon kala namak
- 4 large handfuls spinach fresh
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tomato diced
- Cut the tofu in cubes. Bring a large pan to high heat, add the oil, cubed tofu, curry powder, and kala namak. Give it a stir. Let it cook until the tofu is golden and with slightly crispy edges. Set aside the tofu in a bowl.
- In the same large pan, add the spinach and cook it until it wilted (you might have to work in 2 batches because it's a lot of spinach). Then reduce the heat and add the coconut milk, ginger powder, salt, and garam masala.
- Use a handheld blender to blend the spinach curry.
- Add the chopped tomato to the curry and let it cook (bring up the heat again) for another 3-4 minutes until hot and until the tomatoes are soft.
- Then add the tofu paneer to the spinach curry, give it a quick stir, and it's ready to serve! Basmati rice and homemade naan are THE perfect side dishes!