We bring you a recipe from the Japanese cuisine. We would like you to continue with your healthy diet program, so we show you how to prepare a delightful salad.
Japanese cuisine is a very tasty one, and one of the healthiest, so in that way you can have the best of both worlds: tasty and healthy. If you feel that you ran out of ideas, here is one that might like you to keep with your lifestyle. Check it out and see how easy it is to prepare it.
Japanese Kani Salad.
- 5 oz (142 g) imitation crab meat (kanikama)
- ½ English cucumber (6 oz, 170 g)
- ½ cup corn kernels (3 oz, 85 g; canned or frozen, frozen corn can just be run under cold water to defrost, drain, and then it's ready to use.)
Ponzu Mayonnaise Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Ponzu
- 1 Tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- Cut the imitation crab in half (if necessary) and shred it. Peel the English cucumber with a stripe pattern. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and diagonally cut into thin slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded imitation crab, cucumber slices, and corn. Add the dressing ingredients to the bowl and combine well. Serve the salad in individual bowls or a large serving bowl. Enjoy!