Today’s recipe is an exquisite Kung Pao Shrimp. Enjoy this traditional Chinese dish but with shrimps instead of chicken.
Usually, when we say Kung Pao, we think of chicken; but today’s recipe brings you the same taste of Kung Pao but with shrimps. We change the traditional recipe but we keep its delicious taste. Very easy to prepare also. We encourage you to make it and please your mouth with it.
AMAZING KUNG PAO SHRIMP
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cut into chunks
- 1 Green Bell Pepper cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- In a medium sized skillet add the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the bell pepper and garlic and sauté until almost tender. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until pink.
- In a small bowl whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, sriracha, and red pepper flakes. Mix together the cornstarch and water and whisk into the sauce. Pour sauce over the shrimp mixture and add peanuts.
- Sauté until it starts to thicken and coat the shrimp. Garnish with sliced green onions if desired.