When you're following a keto diet, carbs are bad, fat is good. So you might think that a bagel could never be made keto, but you are wrong. Tru this recipe!
These keto bagels are the perfect snack for you and your diet. The trick is sub almond flour for bread flour: Almond flour is simply finely ground blanched almonds. It's much lower in carbs than all-purpose and bread flours, and it's naturally gluten-free and adds (a lot) of mozzarella cheese: Melted cheese helps create a chewy texture and adds a lot of flavor and fat. Remember, fat means good when you're eating keto!
- 2 cup of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz of cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons of everything bagel seasoning
HOW TO MAKE IT?
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour with the baking powder. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the cheese is melted and combined.
- Scrape the cheese mixture into the bowl with the almond flour mixture and add the two eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Press your finger into the center of each ball and stretch to form a bagel shape. Arrange bagels on prepared baking sheets.
- Brush the top of each bagel with beaten egg and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 - 24 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.