These will be the healthiest blueberry muffins you'll ever make, they're moist, fluffy, and sprinkled with jelly berries.
These blueberry muffins make a delicious quick breakfast or snack, they're not too sweet and they're deeply flavorful and moist. These moist and fluffy little ones are loaded with juicy jelly berries, and a dash of cinnamon gives them an extra depth of flavor. They are perfect for storing in lunch boxes or taking them on a trip. You are going to want to repeat this recipe every week. We hope you like it!
- 1½ cups + 2 tablespoons of whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of flour to dust the blueberries
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of lemon oil, optional
- 1 ¼ cups of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together the almond milk, olive oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and lemon oil, if using.
- Dust the blueberries with ½ teaspoon flour and toss to lightly coat them. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffin cups.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir to combine. Gently fold in the blueberries. Use a 1/3-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 17 minutes or until the muffin tops spring back to the touch.