Refreshing cocktails are better than the rest. Prepare this rhubarb and gin cocktail, you will spend a different and fresh afternoon.
The flavor of the gin stands out with the rhubarb mixture, in addition, the pink color makes this cocktail incredibly striking. You can top the gin with soda water for a refreshing and gloriously pink summertime drink. Although it is prepared well in advance, the waiting time is worth it to extract all its flavor. Try it!
- 1kg of pink rhubarb stalks
- 400g of caster sugar (don't use golden - it muddies the color)
- 800ml of gin
- Wash the rhubarb, trim the stalks and discard the base and any leaves.
- Cut the stalks into 3cm lengths. Put in a large jar with the sugar.
- Shake everything around, put the lid on and leave overnight (the sugar will draw the juice out of the rhubarb).
- After 24 hours, add the gin, seal and shake everything around.
- Leave for about 4 weeks before drinking.
Note: You can strain the liquor off through a muslin-lined sieve and transfer to a bottle.