Are you a citrus lover? This salad is for you.
Learn how to prepare this incredible salad with delicious citrus flavors. This salad is a good option for those hot days and with little desire to cook, its flavor is refreshing and light and does not require many ingredients, with cabbage it is fantastic but with lettuce, it combines very well. The contrast of the creamy and smooth avocado with the citrus and the dressing is an explosion of indescribable flavor. Eat it as a garnish or main dish with a good portion, add whatever you like topping to make this citrus salad recipe more personal. Try it!
What do you need?
- 1 large fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium napa or savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, sliced into thin coins
- 2 watermelon radishes thinly sliced
- 2 clementines, sliced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Generous handful of mint
- ⅓ cup of sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup of fresh clementine juice
- 1 tablespoon of miso paste
How to make it?
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, garlic, ginger, lemon and clementine juices and the miso paste.
- In a large bowl mix together the fennel, cabbage, carrots, radishes, half the clementines and half the avocado.
- Toss with half the dressing and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste adding more dressing as you like.
- Assemble the salad on a platter.
- Serve with the remaining dressing.