Craving salt but avoiding chips and unhealthy snacks? These sticky-spicy bites will save you from reaching for empty calories.
Cauliflower has great nutritional benefits so it should be part of your diet, there are also recipes where it is the ideal ingredient and it tastes delicious! Cauliflower is a good option for diets in which weight loss is sought, since it is low in calories and high in fiber, it also has a large amount of water. To stay fit, learn to prepare many recipes with this incredible vegetable.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite-size florets
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 teaspoon of corn starch
- 1/4 cup of sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and cauliflower, toss until fully coated.
- In one bowl, add panko breadcrumbs and in another bowl whisk eggs and add 2 tablespoons water. Dip cauliflower in beaten eggs, then panko until fully coated. Transfer to a prepared baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water, until the cornstarch dissolves completely. Set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, honey, garlic, lime juice and Sriracha in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat and add the cornstarch mixture. Bring to simmer again and cook about 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Toss cooked cauliflower in the sauce until evenly coated. Return the cauliflower to baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and serve.