Chili lovers, this recipe needs to know!
The flavor of the vegetables is magical in this dish. The flavor of the beans with that creamy, colorful, spicy and perfectly seasoned texture gives this vegetarian recipe the most fantastic flavor in the universe. It is easy to make and it will be worth it because then you will not be able to stop eating it. It is a healthy version of the classic chili. You can accompany it with a glass of wine to make your culinary experience a thousand times better.
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can of diced roasted tomatoes
- 1 can of red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of water or broth
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 3 chipotle peppers from canned chipotles in adobo, diced
- 1 cup of corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make it?
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, a few pinches of salt and pepper, and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the garlic and red pepper.
3. Stir and cook until soft, 5 to 8 minutes, turning the heat down as needed.
4. Add the tomatoes, beans, water, chipotles, adobo sauce, corn, salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
5. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chili has thickened.
6. Stir in the lime juice and season to taste.