We want you to continue with your healthy lifestyle. So, here we give you another recipe that will fit your diet.
We have today a Pulisseri, a vegetarian one. Today the recipe is a Cucumber Tomato Pulisseri (or yogurt curry), so you can keep your fitness life. It is so tasty that you won’t believe it, and so easy to do. Enjoy the benefits and preparing it. Bon appetite!
Cucumber Tomato Pulisseri
- 1 cup peeled and cubed yellow cucumber substitute with white pumpkin / ash gourd
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cayenne / red chillie powder
- salt to taste
- 2 cups sour yogurt
- To grind to a smooth paste
- ½ cup grated fresh coconut
- 3 Thai green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 3 dried red chillies
- ½ tsp roasted and crushed fenugreek seeds
- Cook the cucumber in water with the turmeric powder, cayenne and salt, till it gets just cooked. Add the tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes, till it softens.
- While the cucumber and tomato is cooking, grind the coconut, green chillies and cumin to a very fine paste with a little water.
- Once the cucumber and tomato is cooked, add the coconut paste to it and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, beat the yogurt well and keep it ready. Once the coconut - cucumber mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat and add the yogurt to this, stirring constantly. Cook till steam comes from the pan and don't let the curry come to a boil or else the yogurt will separate.
- Switch off the heat. In a smaller pan, heat the coconut oil and add the mustard seeds to it. Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the curry leaves, dried red chillies and the fenugreek powder. Switch off heat and pour this over the taro root curry. Close the pan with a lid, to let the curry absorb the flavors from the tempering.
- Mix well before serving and serve with hot rice and a side of vegetables.