A very fresh and delicious salad for a light lunch.
This Asian style salad tastes amazing and is easy to make. This watermelon salad is delicious, with a sweet touch and acidic contrast with the lemon. It is very fresh and healthy. The watermelon is loaded with water so it favors the urinary system, contributes to the elimination of liquids through the urine. It is perfect for any occasion, especially for a hot day. But, if you are on a rigorous diet or need to get rid of fluid retention this is a good option.
- 20 g of sesame seeds
- ½ watermelon
- 1 bunch of breakfast radishes
- ½ bunch of fresh mint, (15g)
- 1 lime, optional
- ½ garlic clove
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 2 fresh red chilies
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Toast the sesame seeds in a hot dry pan over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes until golden. Set aside.
- For the dressing, peel the garlic and ginger, deseed the chili, then finely grate it all into a clean jam jar.
- Squeeze in the lime juice, add the soy and oil, put the lid on and shake well to combine.
- Scoop out and cut the watermelon flesh into 1cm chunks.
- Finely slice the radishes, leaving alone any nice tops, then pick and finely slice the mint leaves.
- Combine the watermelon and radishes in a bowl.
- Pour over the dressing, scatter over the sliced mint and toss to combine.
- Finish with a scattering of toasted sesame seeds and the baby mint leaves.