This amazing kale pesto recipe comes together in 5 minutes for instant enjoyment. Nutty and shiny, it's delicious on pasta, pizza, sandwiches, and anything else that teases you!
When you have plenty of kale in the fridge, save some leaves to make this kale pesto recipe, it's really useful when basil is out of season (but it doesn't matter because making this recipe is worth it, in the season that sea). Of course, it doesn't taste exactly like basil pesto, this one is more aromatic, while kale is spicier, but it's still delicious. The extra virgin olive oil and seeds make it rich and give it a perfect roasted nutty flavor, the lemon juice adds a lovely glossy finish. The entire recipe calls for 8 ingredients and comes together in 5 minutes, so toss with pasta for an easy dinner one night, and save the leftover kale pesto for the next day. It's super versatile, so you won't have a problem finding ways to use it.
- ½ cup of pepitas
- 1 small garlic clove
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast)
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 packed cups of chopped curly kale
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the pepitas and garlic until the pepitas are ground up. Add the cheese or nutritional yeast, salt, and several grinds of pepper and pulse again.
- Add the kale and lemon juice. With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil, and process until combined. Season to taste.