If you live a vegan lifestyle, don't worry, you won't stop enjoying the exquisite chocolate chip cookies, with this recipe your problem is solved!
These vegan cookies will become your favorite snack! They are healthy and delicious. Instead of vegan butter, this recipe is made with coconut oil. It gives the cookies a delicious flavor and texture. The coconut flavor is not felt if you choose refined coconut oil since its flavor and aroma are neutral. The flavor of chocolate stands out in these cookies. Try it and you will want to repeat it every day.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, solid but scoop-able
- 1 and 1/4 cups of light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 and 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate chips if vegan), divided
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla, beating until well combined. Add in the coconut milk and applesauce and whisk until well combined; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; whisk well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and, using a wooden spoon or very sturdy spatula, stir until ingredients are combined. The batter will be very thick! Fold in 1 and 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop three tablespoon-sized mounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving a few inches between each cookie for spreading.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes until the edges are golden and the centers have set.
- Press remaining chocolate chips on top of warm cookies, and sprinkle with sea salt, if using.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.