Vegan food also has special and flavorful dishes, like these crepes with corn sauce. Share them with your friends and loved ones at breakfast or even for a light dinner.
To make them you need wheat flour, soy milk and vegetable oil, and they are filled with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and spinach, so they are ideal for breakfast or dinner.
- 1/4 onions, for the sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of corn kernels, for the sauce
- 3/4 cups of potatoes, cooked and small cubes, for the sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin, powdered, for the sauce
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, powdered, for the sauce
- 1 1/4 cups soy milk, for the sauce
- Salt to taste, for the sauce
- Pepper to taste, for the sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, for the sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped for the filling
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, for the filling
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, quartered, for stuffing
- 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered, for the filling
- 1 cup of spinach, in strips, for the filling
- 2 tablespoons of chili flakes, for the filling
- Salt to taste, for the filling
- Pepper to taste, for the filling
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted, for the dough
- 1 3/4 cups of soy milk, for the dough
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, for the dough
- 1/2 spoonfuls of sugar, for the dough
- 1 teaspoon of salt, for the dough
- Oil spray, for crepes
- Purple cabbage salad, to accompany
- Chili flakes, for decoration
- Sweet corn, to decorate
For the sauce, blend the onion, corn kernels, potato, cumin, turmeric, soy milk, salt and pepper until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. In a small pot with hot oil, strain the sauce and fry over low heat for 8 minutes. Set aside.
For the filling, in a pan with hot oil, brown the garlic, add the mushrooms, the tomatoes, the spinach and the chili flakes. Season with salt and bell pepper, and cook for 6 minutes. Set aside.
For the crepes, liquefy the wholemeal flour, soy milk, vegetable oil, sugar and salt until they are completely integrated. Heat a Teflon frying pan, grease with the oil spray and pour the mixture directly from the blender. Spread with circular movements and cook for 3 minutes over low heat. Repeat until the mixture is complete.
Fill the crepes. Bathe with the corn sauce and serve with sweet corn and chili flakes. Serve with purple cabbage salad.
Serve the crepes with the corn sauce and decorate with sweet corn and chili flakes.
If you wish, you can substitute the soy milk with almond, coconut or oat milk.