This snack is perfect for you! Learn how to prepare it.
The delicious taste of crispy baked zucchini will delight you. Nothing beats healthy vegetarian fries. It is a very simple recipe and it tastes even better than French fries. You can accompany them with tartar sauce or any dip you fancy, maybe vegan cheese, or paprika sauce.The touch of Parmesan is incredible and contrasts very well with the toasted zucchini.
- 2 medium zucchini
- ¾ cup of panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- ½ tbsp of Italian herbs
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with the cooking spray.
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini and cut into sticks that look like thick French fries.
- Place the breadcrumbs, cheese, and herbs in a small bowl and mix well.
- Dip each zucchini stick into the beaten egg, then roll through the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Shake off the loose breadcrumbs and place the zucchini sticks on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Season the zucchini "fries" with salt and pepper, if desired, and lightly spray with the cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the zucchini "fries" are golden brown and cooked through.