You are a healthy person, and as one, you like preparing healthy meals. In this case, breakfast. Here we bring you a delicious breakfast to add to your list.
Enjoy preparing this delicious recipe for breakfast. We bring you a Green Moong Dal and Carrot Mini Pancakes. What is healthier than that? This recipe fits perfectly in your lifestyle, and we know that sometimes you run out of ideas, so here you have this one.
Green Moong Dal and Carrot Mini Pancakes
- 3/4 cup green moong dal (split green gram)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped green chillies
- 1/4 cup curd (dahi)
- 1 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1/4 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt to taste
- oil for greasing and cooking
- Soak the green moong dal in enough hot water in a deep bowl for 2 hours.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the dal, green chillies and curds in a mixer and blend it till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture in a deep bowl add the besan, carrot, paneer, asafoetida, baking powder, salt and approx. ¼ cup of water, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick mini uttapa pan and grease with little oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the batter in each uttapa mould and spread it lightly.
- Cook on both sides, using a little oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides
- repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 14 more mini pancakes in 2 more batches.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.