For a light and delicious lunch prepare some fajitas!
The combination of the sauteed vegetables is fantastic and the best part is that it will be ready in minutes. Healthy and light recipes can be prepared very quickly, not everything has to be too elaborate. For a different and nutritious lunch, prepare these delicious fajitas stuffed with vegetables. You will be satisfied. The contrast of flavors is fantastic and you can add the spices and vegetables that you like the most to make it more personalized. Try it! This is the perfect solution to eat healthy in a few minutes.
- 3 multi-colored peppers, stemmed and sliced into strips
- 3 portobello mushrooms, stemmed and wiped clean
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat a grill to medium heat with a grill pan inside.
2. Arrange the peppers on a tray and the mushrooms and onion wedges on a separate rimmed plate.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
4. Drizzle 1 scant tablespoon of the mixture over the peppers and toss to coat. Drizzle the remaining marinade over the mushrooms and onions. Drizzle the mushrooms with a splash of balsamic vinegar and use your hands to coat the mushrooms on both sides.
5. Grill the peppers in the cast-iron pan for 8 to 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until charred and soft.
6. Grill the mushrooms and onion wedges directly on the grill for about 4 minutes per side.
7. Squeeze the juice of ½ lime over the peppers and season with salt, pepper, and more chili powder, to taste.
8. Slice the mushrooms into strips and place them on a serving dish. Transfer the onions and the peppers to a large platter.
You can serve with the tortillas, guacamole, tomatoes, cilantro and salsa…Enjoy it!