When we are in this amazing path of healthy lifestyle, sometimes we crave for some foods that are unhealthy. Chinese is one of them. But here is a recipe to make it healthy.
Admit it. We love Chinese food. No matter how healthy you are. But today we bring you a healthy recipe to prepare one Chinese dish, tasty and in a bowl, without frying anything. We are sure you won’t regret it. Eat it without remorse. Enjoy!
Egg roll in a bowl
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or minced
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 12 oz package coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos (or low-sodium tamari or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek paste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- sriracha, for serving (optional)
- sesame seeds and cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Brown ground chicken or turkey in a large skillet. Break meat into smaller pieces as it cooks using a wooden spoon or spatula and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil. Once hot, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Add coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots) into the skillet. Toss and add coconut aminos and sambal oelek paste. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Add cooked meat back to the pan. Taste and add more coconut aminos or sambal, if needed.
- Portion into bowls and top each with green onions and a drizzle of sriracha, sesame seeds and cilantro (if using).