This incredible Cowboy Caviar recipe is very easy to prepare. Enjoy it as a salad for a healthy lunch or serve it as a dip with lots of chips, it sounds delicious, right?
Surely you wonder what is Cowboy Caviar? It is a tangy and tangy blend of black beans, black-eyed peas, corn, and other fresh vegetables. You can enjoy it as a dip with tortilla chips or as a salad. You will be completely hooked on this delicious vegetarian recipe. This dish makes a fresh and fun appetizer or snack but would also make a delicious meal prep lunch. You only need a few simple ingredients to make the cowboy caviar recipe, black beans, and black-eyed peas make up the bulk of this hearty sauce. Try it, preparing veggiecaviar has never been so incredible!
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 large avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- Tortilla chips (for serving)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, stir together the black beans, black-eyed peas, tomatoes, corn, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and lime juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, cumin, cayenne, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the bean mixture. Fold in the avocado and cilantro, and season to taste.
- If time allows, refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry. Serve with tortilla chips.