Bake an impressive dessert for dinner with little mess and a lot of speed: these chocolate puddings, also known as chocolate fondant or lava cake, have a lovely sticky center!
This is a delicious dessert, and very very addictive! Its flavor is melted chocolate, with that soft interior and that toasted crust is an incredible contrast, it really melts in your mouth. It is very easy to make and will be ready in no time. If you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, that temperature shock will make you want to eat it in one sitting. Perfectly combines with strawberries or any other berries. Learn to prepare it and enjoy it!
- 100g butter, plus extra to grease
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 50g plain flour
- Single cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 200ºC.
- Butter 6 dariole molds or basins well and place on a baking tray.
- Put 100g butter and 100g chopped dark chocolate in the microwave and melt in 30 seconds bursts on a low setting and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly for 15 mins.
- Using an electric hand whisk, mix in 150g light brown soft sugar, then 3 large eggs, one at a time, followed by ½ tsp vanilla extract and finally 50g plain flour.
- Divide the mixture among the darioles or basins.
- You can now either put the mixture in the fridge, or freezer until you're ready to bake them. Can be cooked straight from frozen for 16 mins, or bake now for 10-12 mins until the tops are firm to the touch but the middles still feel squidgy.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of each pudding, then turn out onto serving plates and serve with single cream.