A soft, fluffy and delicious recipe. Feel like a baker preparing your own pita breads.
This recipe is very simple and you will have an incredible and exquisite result. Pita bread is an incredible option to eat light and healthy. It goes perfectly with absolutely everything and there are many ways to go with it. With sauteed vegetables or even stuffing in the Mexican burrito-style it tastes great. It is perfect for preparing quick pizzas and much more, it is really versatile, therefore, there is nothing better than knowing how to prepare it and thus forget about running to the store for pita bread. This pita bread is fresh, delicious, fluffy, and fine. Once you prepare it you will notice that it is so easy and delicious that you will not stop doing it every week!
- 3/4 cup of warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 3/4 cups of bread flour and more for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of whole-milk Greek yogurt
How to make it?
- In a medium bowl, combine the water, yeast, and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Let the mixture sit 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and remaining tablespoon sugar. Add the yeast mixture, oil, and yogurt, and mix to combine.
- Knead the dough on a clean work surface, adding more flour if needed, until it’s soft and slightly sticky, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover with a towel or plastic wrap, and let rise about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and divide it into 12 equal balls. Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- Roll the balls out into circles. Place them onto the baking sheets an inch apart, then bake, one sheet at a time, until they’re puffy and lightly browned on top.